Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Right Words Make All the Difference

My very talented friend from England, Alison Bomber, whom I have 'met' being on the A Vintage Journey Creative Guide team with, has designed several sentiment quote stamp sets for PaperArtsy.   The company is based in England and so far, the US companies that carry PaperArtsy have not stocked her sets.  

Alison loves words - as witnessed on her blog - Words and Pictures.  I loved her sets, as soon as I saw the projects she was making with them - and Alison was kind enough to purchase several of them for me and sent them across the pond (I reimbursed her of course!) 

So I wanted to share the cards I have made with them so far.  You'll find a list of supplies I used for each card at the bottom of my post.

This Kalil Gibran quote is from her first set # EAB01.  I made the panel with a watercolor wash background for a CAS Mix Up Challenge.
This card uses the same stamp along with a die cut tree.  I made this card for an Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and was inspired by this ceramic tree bowl from this Pinterest board

Another card I made for CAS Mix Up watercolor wash challenge.  The Monet quote is also from Alison's first set #EAB01
For my Halloween card below - I used a Shakespeare quote from her set #EAB04. 
I'm linking my Halloween card to:
Double D Challenges - Fright Night Challenge

 
The Charlotte Bronte quote  below is from set #EAB03. 
I made the background using the dendritic technique - dropping acrylic paints on an acrylic block - pressing it to another acrylic block to squish the paints - separating the blocks causing the dendritic striations and pressing card stock onto the blocks to get a print.  I learned this technique over at Splitcoaststampers during the Falliday Fest challenges.
The Longfellow quote below is from set #EAB05 and I thought it went wonderfully with this snowy winter scene I created for another challenge at Splitcoaststampers.
So -  I'm going to keep checking with the US companies that carry PaperArtsy -  Simon Says Stamp, Frantic Stamper, are two that I know of -  and also let them know I'd like them to carry Alison Bomber stamps!  Please let me know if you find them anywhere in the US!

And big congratulations Alison - on all of your wonderful PaperArtsy stamp sets!


Trees are poems #1
Stamps:  Tree Line - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous,  Trees and Flowers/Alison Bomber/Eclectica3 - PaperArtsy
Paper:  Arches Watercolor Paper, White - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  dark pink and blue watercolor paints, paint brush, water, Tall Pines Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Sugar blend sequins - Avery Elle.

Trees are poems #2
Stamps: Alison Bomber - EAB01- PaperArtsy
Paper:  White, Soft Stone - PTI, tan Kraft Core Coredinations
Ink: Cocoa Bean - PTI
Accessories: Tree die - Ali Express (gift from Loll), Stitched Mat Rectangles - Lil Inker Designs, foam dots, mini sander 

I must have flowers 
Stamps:  Trees and Flowers - Eclectica3 Alison Bomber - Paper Artsy, Flower Girl - Stampotique
Paper:  Canson Watercolor Paper, White - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, heat tool, watercolor paints, water, paint brushes, painters tape (to mask edge), Heritage Embossing folder - Provo Craft, Vintage Chic Sequins - Lucy's Shop, Key Lime and Orange Marmalade Nuvo Jewel Drops.


By the pricking of my thumbs
Stamps: Skull - Undertaker Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Newt - Wanda's Pantry Waltzingmouse/retired, sentiment - Alison Bomber EAB04/Paperartsy, Border - The Beauty of Art - Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  white, True Black - PTI :
Ink: Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Dangling Spider Die - Memory Box, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions

Silence is of different kinds
Stamps:  Alison Bomber Set EAB03 - PaperArtsy 
Paper: White, Terracotta Tile, Rustic Cream - PTI, tan - Coredinations
Ink: Wendy Vecchi Archival Tree Branch
Accessories: Folk Art Acrylic Paint Buttercrunch, Poppy Red, Pastel Green, form dots, Stitched Edge Rectangle Die - Lil Inker Designs, Mix and Mat Flourishes Die - PTI, 2 rectangle acrylic blocks.

Silent Soft and Slow
Stamps:   Alison Bomber Set #EAB05 - PaperArtsy 
Paper:   white, Dark Indigo, Blueberry Sky - PTI 
Ink: Versamark, Wendy Vecchi Archival Corn Flower Blue 
Accessories: Stitched Landscape Dies - PoppyStamps, Snow Covered Stacker Tree - Dees Distinctively, Heat and Stick Powder - SU, Dazzling Diamonds - SU, foam dots, mini sander - Idea-ology     

5 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful set of cards! So creative. Great use of the sentiments from your new set.

Words and Pictures said...

How lovely to see these gathered togethers - as well as a couple I've not seen before. I'm so happy you're having such a lovely time creating with the word stamps - and I love the results! Thank you so much for spreading the word so generously too.
Alison x

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful creations! I love your Halloween card and the way you stamped only a portion of the skull--clever and creepy! (in a good way lol) Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Fright Night Challenge, Donna DT Member.

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a wonderful array of cards with fantastic sentiments! Each card is so unique! Awesome, my friend!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wonderful cards, and the words are all fab!! Hugs, mf!