Friday, February 17, 2017

Winter Snowmen

I'm playing along with this week's Merry Monday Challenge - to use snowmen!
I decided to get out my Tim Holtz Alterations die - Winter Wonder and made some shape cards!  They measure 5"x3"
I made the two below using colors from this weeks Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge - melon, mint and blue - strange colors for snowmen but I think they came out fun!!
And then I made the Plaid Twins - so I'd get my 6 cards in for my Christmas Box!
I used this fun older snowman die from Tim Holtz, cutting two out of white card stock for each card - and one out of the patterned papers. I layered the patterned paper over one of the cardstock snowmen.

I sponged the edges with Ranger Distress Ground Espresso ink. I scored across the plain white snowman above the rim of the hat and then I adhered a back to a front just at the hat (above the brim). Then you bend the back at the score and the snowman opens and will stand up. I cut a little bit off of the bottom of the snowman so it's flat.

I added a black pearl for the eye and tied the wrinkled seam tape just around the neck of the decorated front. I stamped a sentiment and snowflakes from Winter Snow Globe set from Papertrey Ink.
I'm also linking my card to the PTI 10th Birthday challenge 2012
Winter Snow Globe is a set released in 2012
Stamps:  Winter Snow Globe - PTI
Paper: white - PTI, DP 6x6 Pape rpad This and That/Echo Park, Indian Summer - Basic Grey paper pad
Ink: Ranger Distress Ground Espresso, True Black - PTI
Accessories: Die - Winter Wonder - Tim Holtz Alterations, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy shop, black half pearls.

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

I love theses fun snowmen and look how many you made already! Darling cards Julia!!!

Redanne said...

I would never have thought to use the snowman as a whole card - very clever Julia, and I love the variety! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

What awesome snowmen, Julia! I tip my hat to you!

Words and Pictures said...

These are utterly delightful, Julia - I love all the different colours and patterns - I couldn't pick a favourite. If it weren't for my inability to get Christmassy before December, I'd be tempted to go and play with my Snowman right now!
Alison x

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE all 6 of your snowmen cards Julia! These are so dang cute and I love that they're shaped AND stand up! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Loll said...

These are so fun!! Great way to use patterned paper too. xx

Colleen said...

Awesome cards...love each design and the snowman is so cute...hats off to you for a job well done! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Heather Hopson said...

Julia...your cards are terrific. What a way to think out of the box. They are so unique.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowmen cards, Julia - just love the patterns you used!! My sister-in- law would be so happy you added the eye - she was bothered when my TH embossed snowman didn't have a face - LOL.

Susan said...

Love your various snowmen! Great choices for the colours and patterned papers!

nancy littrell said...

You are so clever and creative Julia. TFS all 6 of your fun snowman cards. Looks like you had a lot of fun and what a great way to use DSP. Hugs...

Marie Bingaman said...

Oooooo, I really love the green snowflake guy in the top photo! These are awesome! :)