Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Watery Damask Anniversary

Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 10th anniversary this year - and Nicole is posting a challenge on her blog every day highlighting her stamps released each year from 2007 - 2016.
 For 2009, one of the new sets released was Damask Designs designed by Dawn McVey, and I used that set for my card today.
I stamped the largest stamp in Hibiscus Burst Ink onto Arches Watercolor Paper and then spritzed it with water so that the ink ran a bit giving it the look of water coloring.   I dried the panel with my heat tool, stamped the sentiment from the same set in black and added 3 pink rhinestones.  I layered the watercolor paper to a Vintage Cream card base.
Here's a close up of the watery stamping.  You can still see the shape but the edges bleed out a little - so pretty!
I'm linking my card to:

Nicole's PTI challenge to use 2009 PTI stamps


House of Cards -   Love theme

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  
Stamps:  Damask Designs - PTI
Paper:  Vintage Cream - PTI, Arches Watercolor paper.
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  pink rhinestones - Kaiser Craft, Mini Mister.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that came out beautifully!!!

Marybeth said...

I love the way this looks Julia! Wow its gorgeous ! Happy St. Valentines day to you!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh WOWIE! This is stunning - I love the effect of the color bleeding into the paper. My Goodness!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Such a classy card, Julia! I love the soft watercolor look and the sentiment stamped simply over it!

Bonnie said...

Oops. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Julia! Love the beautiful damask! Happy Valentine's Day!

Loll said...

LOVE!! Such a cool technique Julia, and this is the perfect image. Gorgeous card ... cream and pink is so beautiful together. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

karen h said...

Julia, this is gorgeous! So simple, but so elegant. (And apparently I haven't visited your blog in forever - love the new design!!)

Susan said...

Love the soft pinks! CAS perfection!

Robyn Oliver said...

Just simply gorgeous Julie

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love the watered down look Julie... so soft and pretty.

Shawna said...

So, so, so pretty and elegant!! Simple and deliciously wonderful!! Dreamy and magical.. Love this card.. Awesome job!! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards.
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT

Karen Dunbrook said...

Hello my sweet friend,
Just another lovely card....very dreamy look to it.
Thanks so much for joining us at the CAS Watercolour Challenge!
Karen

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Wow that is so pretty! So soft and dreamy...

cohenna said...

Thank you so much for joining at House of Cards challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon :)