Saturday, June 29, 2013

WMS June Release - Sneak Peek Day 3 - Big Cherry and Country Labels

Welcome to Day 3 of the Waltzingmouse June Sneak Peeks!  Today we are showing you two mini sets -  Big Berry - Cherry, (joining her sister  Big Berries - Strawberry) and Country Labels 14 (they fit the Labels 14 Nesties).

I seem to be making a lot of crafties rather than cards for this release (no big surprise from me though I guess!)  and today is no exception.

First up -  I used the wonderful cherry set to decorate a cute die cut bag.  I sanded the bag a little (it's Coredinations kraft core paper) and added some Washi tape strips.  I stamped the stem, two patterned cherries and the leaf on white and then cut it out close to the edges.  I layered it onto the bag with foam tape.
Here's a close up view.  I inked the leaf with two different greens and stamped the sentiment right on the leaf.
Next is a project using stamps from Country Labels 14 a mini set of 3 labels, 6 sentiments and To: and From:  I decorated a felt bucket that I got at Target for $1.00 last year (I knew I'd use it sooner or later!)  I stamped the biggest label from the set on white Sticky Back Canvas, colored it with Copics and stamped one of the sentiments in the center.  I made some flowers using a fringe die and adhered them with the label onto the felt bucket with a fabric adhesive.
I baked up some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, tucked them into a frosted bag and put that in the bucket just 'for YOU"!!.
I stamped the label again on a piece of card stock and colored it with the same colors as the first one.  I scored it in the middle and folded it in half.  I placed it over the top of the bag like a gift topper....... but I didn't attach it because....
 
 it is actually a magnetic bookmark.  I placed sticky magnets inside the label.
Here's the front of the bookmark - in use!
and here's the back!  I love magnetic bookmarks because you can attach them to mark the line you stopped reading at.
And here's a look at the back of my little felt bucket!

Time to check out the other ladies on the Design Team.   Here are their links!
Tomorrow is the big release!  The Design Team will be having a blog hop - starting at 2 pm EST - you could win a stamp set by leaving your comments -  so please stop by!

 Julia Aston - me!


You're the Cherry Best!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse -  Big Berry - Cherry (to be released 6/30)
Paper:  White - PTI, tan Cordinations Kraft Core - Tim Holtz
Ink:  Archival Coffee, Ranger Distress Aged Mahogany, Memento Cottage Ivy and Bamboo Leaves.
Accessories:  Foam tape, Washi Tape - Freckled Fawn, In the Bag Die - Tim Holtz Alterations, sand paper.

I Made This for You bag
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Country Labels 14
Paper:  white - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: felt bucket - Target $1 bin, black saddle stitched ribbon - PTI, white Sticky Back Canvas - Claudine Helmuth Studio, fringe die - Memory Box, Labels 14 Nestabilities, sticky magnet - Michaels, felt - Michaels, Copics:     Aleenes' Fabric Adhesive, Scor Pal

9 comments:

Renee said...

Fabulous Julia!
Love those cherries...
so perfect to decorate a little gift bag!
And what a fabulous felt treat bucket...
love it and those labels are perfect for it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

You are always so good at creating and decorating gift bags and boxes. Each and every container is fabulous!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such fantastic projects, Julia. A wide variety of creative designs and uses. Your gift bags are pure genius and that felt bucket...AMAZING!

Jean Bullock said...

You are just full of creative goodness today. Great projects.

Jeanne J. said...

More clever ideas Julia! I love that book mark and so happy you shared how to make it! The gifts are wonderful and the cookies look fab! Great ideas for how to dress up little treats!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia ii love your inspiration for all three days. Fabulous cards.

Vickie Z said...

Love them both!! Gonna have to get some Coordinations (sp?) card stock!! The felt bag is adorable!

Dianne said...

Holy shmoly Julia you have been busy crafting away,the die cut bag is so cute,your felt bag filled with some yummy cookies oh that is fabulous, and how brilliant to use your unique bookmark, love it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend..

Annette Allen said...

i so love you ideas.. so creative and fun.. these are all fabulous..